Cyber Security for Business Owners and Leaders
October 11 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£295
Almost half of all organisations in the UK suffer Cyber Security breaches each year, often leading to Personal Data Breaches, business interruption, financial loss and reputational damage.
Many businesses still treat Cyber Security as a technical IT problem, but more and more are realising that this is a business issue that needs visibility at board level.
This non-technical course is designed to help business owners and senior leaders understand the key elements of Cyber and Information Security related risks and the practical steps required for a comprehensive Cyber Security strategy appropriate for their business.
The course will include both presentation and group exercises to help attendees get to grips with identifying risks relevant to their organisations.
Is this course right for you?
No specific technical knowledge is required; however, an appreciation of how electronic data is utilised within the business will ensure maximum benefit is gained from the course.
The course is aimed at Senior business leaders with the appropriate level of authority to implement/sponsor a Cyber Security programme relevant to their business or organisation.
What will I learn?
- Understand Cyber Security from a business perspective
- Understand relevant regulations and laws
- Key risks and business implications
- Common mistakes
- Planning your Cyber Security strategy – key steps
Detailed course content
- How Cyber Security relates to your business
- Cyber Security fundamentals in plain English
- The importance of data
- Relevant laws and regulations
- Standards: GDPR, PCI DSS, NIS
Prioritise Cyber Security Risks
- Key resources required to protect the business
- Approaches available
- Frameworks to consider
- Cyber Essentials
- Why a strategy is important
- Devising a strategy
- Security policies
- Technical controls
- Staff training and awareness
- Incident/breach response planning
Planning for your Organisation
- Key steps
- Avoiding common mistakes
How to book
Book your place on the Jarrold Training page.